These delicious pancakes are very filling, nutrient dense and smell divine! They are filled with prebiotic goodness and have a great balance of protein, carbs and essential fats. You can substitute the Kimchi with straight Sauerkraut or other and similar fermented vegetable blends. There are only four ingredients so it is super quick to whip up. They are yummy warm or cold and are great for home education lunches or a lunch for school or your work place! Oh and great for dinner too.
One thing is for sure…you will be making these again!
Here’s what you will need:
All these ingredients can be brought at your local organic health food store and your supermarket may stock some of the items too. Kimchi, if you are not making it yourself, can be brought and will come in a variety of options from plain to ‘with chilli.’ As always we suggest reading the ingredients.
2 cups organic chopped up Kimchi
2 cups organic Besan Flour (Chickpea Flour)
1 cup organic filtered water
3 Tbsp organic Tapioca Flour (Arrowroot)
How to put it together:
- Mix all ingredients together in medium size bowl.
- Cover with tea towel and let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature or in your fridge. Option: you can leave in your fridge overnight as batter will ferment further which can lead to puffier and crisper pancakes!
- Place hot griddle or frying pan with coconut oil on medium heat.
- Place large spoonfuls of batter onto griddle and spread with spoon to desired size.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on first side then flip, cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
One large pancake is an adequate single serving.
Best served with: Green salad garnish, avocado, quark (cheese) and our green dressing!