We have tried many recipes for organic healthy sweet pancakes before settling on this one. I can’t say I am a sweet tooth but I do like, very occasionally, a small bite of something sweet and these pancakes are light, fluffy and good for you! What a bonus. Our kids love these and they are old enough now to whip them up themselves. The recipe is super quick to put together and just as fast to cook.
Here’s what you will need:
1/2 cup of organic almond meal
1/2 cup of organic tapioca flour
1/2 cup of organic home made apple sauce
2 organic medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp organic aluminium free baking powder
1/4 capful of Vital Foods All Natural Liquid Magnesium or a pinch of Himalayan salt to taste
How to put it together:
- Combine all the ingredients into your blender or Thermomix
- Blend until combined
- Heat up an iron skillet or a frying pan on your stove top
- Add a small bit of coconut oil to the pan or skillet
- Pour a small portion on the mixture onto the skillet or pan
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, when bubbles begin to form flip and cook for another minute.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until mixture is used up
- Add your favorite topping and serve warm!
This recipe makes 7 depending on the size you could make more!
Our favourite toppings:
- Berries with desiccated coconut and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Chopped banana and a small spoonful of extra apple sauce.