This is an ‘off the top of my head’ recipe that turned out really well! I had just finished shooting our video on Vitamin B’s and I wanted to put together a dinner that was packed full of them and was simple and easy to do. This literally took me around 40 minutes put together and another 30 minutes for cooking. I used an oval dish measuring 20 cm (w) x 27 cm (l) x 4 cm (h) just because I wanted to have a different shape to a rectangle! This was literally devoured in minutes…nothing left. It served 4 of us comfortably. If our eldest had of been home I would have had to make two!
Here’s what you need:
- 8 organic eggs
- 1 cup organic leek chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped organic spring onions
- 1-2 small organic sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of chopped organic broccoli
- Mixed herbs
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of mixed seeds – sunflower, chia, sesame
- 1/4 capful of our All Natural Liquid Magnesium or a pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking paper
Here’s how to put it together:
- Turn oven on to 180 Degrees Celsius
- Place a medium amount of water into a small saucepan with some salt and bring to the boil.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin, flat pieces and add to water when boiled. When they become soft strain the water into another medium saucepan and return to the heat. Set the sweet potato aside to cool slightly.
- Whilst potatoes are boiling chop leek and spring onions. Add the leek and spring onions to a small fry pan. Add a little bit of filtered water and two cupfuls of apple cider vinegar. Toss the leek and springs onions regularly. Once the leek is slightly translucent remove from the heat and set aside.
- Chop the broccoli and add to the water reheated from the sweet potato. When slightly cooked remove from the heat and strain.
- Place all the eggs into a bowl with the All Natural Liquid Magnesium (or salt) and pepper and whisk (or a Thermomix and place onto speed 4-5 for 5 seconds) until well combined and smooth.
- Line your dish with some soft butter so the frittata doesn’t stick when cooking or use some organic baking paper which is what I used.
- Pour some of the egg mixture into your dish so that the boat is covered thinly.
- Add the sweet potatoes and the leek and spring onions and spread around your dish evenly.
- Add the broccoli and spread around evenly.
- Sprinkle mix herbs, add salt and pepper.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture on the top.
- Sprinkle the nuts and seeds over the top evenly.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the eggs have puffed up and are set through the center. Check often. Serve and enjoy!
Note: The eggs will rise but once out of the oven the puff will go down slightly. This is a thinner based frittata but delicious none-the-less.
Extras in the Fridge: I finely chopped some beetroot and mushrooms and placed these on the top as I had them in the fridge. Play around with it! There really are no rules.
I served our Egg and Leek Frittata with a beautiful green salad packed full of micro-greens and some pesto on the side.