OMG! These are super quick to make and just as fast to eat! However, they are rich and you really only need one a day or one every couple of days…depending on your chocolate gauge! Our kids have loved making these over the years especially our daughter who adores good chocolate. Let us know if you love these super quick home made chocolates just as much as us! We have included some of our family favourite options, and remember you’re only limited by your own mind so be creative and enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 250g Organic Cacao Nibs. Found easily in health food stores and some supermarkets.
- 100g Coconut sugar (Personally, I use less around 50-70g because coconut sugar is strong and I don’t have an overly sweet tooth. You can start at 100g and slowly peel back as you make more!)
- 50g Coconut Oil (you have this in your pantry)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt with dulse flakes or 1/4 capful of Vital Foods All Natural Liquid Magnesium
- + what ingredients from options below
- Chocolate mould. We used our ice cube container which makes them a little larger. LOL!
Here’s what to do:
- Place the cacao nibs in a blender/vitamiser/Thermomix and grind down. Set aside.
- Heat up a saucepan of water (or use a double boiler if you have one) and place a stainless steel bowl over it making sure the water does not come up the sides.
- Place all the ingredients into the stainless steel bowl and stir for roughly 20 mins or until the sugar has melted.
- When in a liquid consistency pour into the ice cube container
- Place in the freezer until hard (because of the coconut oil they will set quite fast)
- When set, remove from freezer, allow to come slightly to room temperature and removed from the ice cube tray.
- Pop in an air tight container and store in the fridge.
- Peppermint Chocolate: add 3 drops of peppermint oil at the end of step 3 and stir in.
- Goji Ripe: add 1/4 goji berries, 1/4 cup dried berries, 1/4 cup desiccated coconut in step 3 and stir in.
- Nutty: add 1 cup of chopped nuts in step 3 and stir in.
- Fruit and Nut: grandparents favourite! Add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts and 1/2 of oil free chopped dates and raisins at step 3 and stir in.
- Coconut Rough: add 1 cup of desiccated coconut to step 3 and stir in.
What’s your favourite?