You will love making our homemade Paleo Buckwheat Bread. Lots of friends ask us for our recipe so we thought we would share it with you all. It’s not a super quick recipe but once done a few times, you’ll get the hang of it and it will become faster. Longest time is it cooking!
- 420ml lukewarm water
- ¼ to tsp active yeast
- 1 ½ cups Buckwheat Flour
- ¼ cup Almond Meal
- ¼ cup Tapioca Flour
- ½ cup mixed seeds – sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. As an option you can add dried fruit and/or nuts. But whatever combination you do keep it to 1/2 cup.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt or a 1/4 capful of Vital Foods All Natural Liquid Magnesium
- 1 x bread tin measuring at least L 20cm x W 12cm x H 10cm
- Place lukewarm water in a medium mixing bowl and add yeast. Let sit for up to 5 minutes before adding the dry ingredients.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to the water and yeast.
- Gently stir all ingredients until combined. This recipe makes a wet dough resembling a cake mixture that cannot be kneaded even after rising.
- Grease your bread tin well with olive oil (making sure you go up the sides as well to prevent sticking of if you are not using a well seasoned bread tin then you may wish to line the bread tin with baking paper instead.
- Place dough mixture into the bread tin.
- Place in a warm place for up to 2 – 3 hours covered with a damp tea towel. We use a commercial grade dehydrator at 45 deg Celsius for 2 hours. As an alternative you could use your oven if your temperature range goes as low as 50 deg Celsius. However you will only need a max of 2 hours. You will need longer if using cooler temperatures.
- Place in 200 deg Celsius oven for 50-55 minutes. Remove immediately from the bread tin and let cool on a wire rack.
- Ready to eat straight away or to store in a container only after cooling.
- We keep ours in a container on our kitchen bench and it lasts without going off for up to 3-5 days.
- Enjoy with your favourite foods!
Let us know if you liked it!