This meal is really, really quick to put together when you are under any time constraint. Pop all the dry ingredients into a bowl, mix together and then coat the chicken drumsticks and cook. So easy!
I put this together when I was under the pump with time and wondering what to do that was super fast, easy and more importantly I had everything I needed in the pantry. I didn’t have eggs so I couldn’t do our coating we use for our paleo almond crusted chicken nuggets so I had to think up something else and to the families delight it turned out well!
Here’s what you will need:
- 8 organic chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup organic almond meal
- 1 cup organic tapioca
- 1/2 Tbsp organic cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp organic sweet paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp organic dried Italian herbs
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Organic black pepper to taste
Here’s how to put it together:
- Pre heat oven to 180 Degrees Celcius on bake.
- Place some olive oil or coconut oil in the bottom of a rectangle casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl place in all the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Place one drumstick at a time in the bowl and coat with the mixture, remove and place in the casserole dish repeat for all remaining drumsticks.
- Put into the oven and bake for 25 mins on one side and then turn and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Serve with your favourite roast veggies or our wonderful beetroot salad
- There will be left over dry mixture so sprinkle some more over the drumsticks when you go to turn them.
- You can add whatever spices and dried herbs you would like e.g. turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, coriander basil etc.
- Your oven maybe different to ours so make sure they are cooked through before serving.