If you have an over abundance of coriander (aka cilantro) growing in your back yard then drop everything and make our delicious, wholesome, organic, dairy free pesto. So simple to make and I bet you will already have most of the ingredients in your pantry!
Most pesto has vegetable oil or canola oil… I know I ask myself the same question… why? One reason is because it is cheap to make the item but the cost is passed onto your health. AVOID at all costs anything with vegetable or canola oil. Both are neurotoxins. Sticking to olive oil when making your pesto will always be a winner with your body and provide some of your daily fat intake… in a healthy way!
Coriander has many health benefits too. It may help to lower your blood sugar, is rich in immune boosting antioxidants, may benefit heart health and protect brain health and promote digestion and gut health. All awesome reasons to get some of our dairy free organic coriander pesto into you and your kids!
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or almond meal or just plain almonds. I was not fussy! 2/3 cup whole almonds will work as well.
- 2 cups fresh coriander (remove long and thick stems)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 capful of Vital Foods All Natural Liquid Magnesium or a couple of pinches of pink Himalayan Salt
- Pepper to taste
Here how to put it together:
- Place all the ingredients into a food blender or your Thermomix.
- Blend until well mixed combined.
- Make sure you use a spatula to wipe down the insides and blend again if needed.
- When combined scrape into a clean glass jar.
- Add 2 gloves of garlic
- Add 1/2 tbsp red capsicum
How to serve it:
- With steak, sausages, roast vegetables, salads, pizza topping, tuna, eggs, avocado on toast…the options really are endless.
Enjoy making this and sharing it with your family!