Our Nut and Seed Sprinkle is favourite in our house, especially with our kids. It is usually a staple if you can call it that when it’s consumed as fast as it is made! We love having it in the house (as well as our hummus dip) because it is packed with Magnesium which is an essential mineral for many functions in your body especially the transmission of nerve impulses. Your nerve system is the master communicator in your body. It “chats” to everything in your body from the smallest cellular level to the most complex system. It leads in forming them all, so it is vital that you feed your nerve system supportive and nourishing food!
Our Nut and Seed Sprinkle is a great way to get magnesium into you. With a lack of vital minerals in the soil these days and farming practices the way they are then it is becoming harder and harder get what you need just from a standard meal and that’s why we have “snacks” for for ourselves and the kids to pick at and enjoy!
Here are our top 3 ways to have our Organic Nut and Seed Spinkle:
- Sprinkle on salad
- Sprinkle on avocado on toast
- Trail mix when doing longer walks
How to put it together
You can either have it raw, lightly toasted if you want a bit of crunch or ground down to a Dukkah
Place organic pumpkin seeds, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and chia seeds into a bowl and mix together.
- Place nut and seed mix on a skillet on your stove top and lightly heat, careful not to burn the nuts or seeds.
- Add small drizzle of coconut amino’s and toss quickly through whilst over the heat.
- Remove from heat and place into a bowl.
- Add a 1/4 capful (or less) of Vital Foods All Natural Liquid Magnesium as a salt substitute, and fold through.
As a Dukkah
In either raw or toasted form add the nut and seed sprinkle to your Thermomix or blender and pulse a couple of times to get the desired consistency.
Soaking Times to Activate your Nuts and Seeds:
- Pumpkin Seeds 6 hours
- Sesame Seeds 6 hours
- Cashews 2-4 hours
- Almonds 10-12 hrs