Winter is here and there is nothing like being cosied up in front of the fire sipping on something wonderful for your body. We love almond milk in our house, either making our own or buying organic (make sure you check your ingredients because they are not all made the same!). This smoothie is yummy and awesome for helping to smooth the hormones. It has a key ingredient called Maca.
Maca is a root vegetable that can be boiled but can also be ground down into a powder for smoothies! It hails from the South American Andes and it’s greatest asset may be as an adaptogen. Adaptogens are natural products that help the body adapt to stress and normalize body processes. And one of the contributing factors to hormonal imbalance is adrenal stress.
- 2 tbsp organic almond butter
- 2 tbsp organic ground flaxseed
- 1 – 2 tsp organic maca powder
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic dairy-free milk (almond, coconut, cashew. hazelnut)
- 2 organic oil free medjool dates, pitted
Putting it all together
- In a small-medium saucepan warm up your dairy free milk. Careful not to burn it or make it too hot that it burns you or your affects your blender.
- Add everything into your blender, put the lid on and mix until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Please make sure that your blender can handle warm products so that the container does not split or explode when you take the top off.
For a summer option
Remove step one above and instead add 10 ice cubes to your blender with your choice of dairy-free milk and make a cool, refreshing smoothie!