If you are looking for a quick meal within 30 minutes then look no further. Our homemade almond flour pasta (paleo, gluten-free and vegetarian) is the best. This recipe is so delicious, so simple and so easy to make and at the end of 30 minutes you’ll have a beautiful, nourishing meal.
Our recipe uses only four ingredients and i’ll hedge my bets that you will already have most if not all of them in the pantry. Pasta is such a staple for many families but rather than eating store brought pasta from a packet have a go at making this. You’ll surprise yourself with how easy and nutritious it is!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or substitute 1/2 cap of our All Natural Liquid Magnesium
Here’s what you do:
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil with a good amount of salt.
- In your Thermomix or food processor add the almond flour, tapioca flour, and salt or our all natural liquid magnesium. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the whole egg and the four egg yolks and then process until a doughy texture forms. NOTE: If the dough that forms is a little tacky and it sticks to your fingers then slowly add a little more almond flour and tapioca flour until it’s more of a mold-able dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and mold into a ball and then split in half. Set aside one of the halves in a bowl and cover for later.
- Leaving half on the floured surface and using a rolling pin roll out the dough until it is very thin, but be careful that it does not break.
- Once the water is boiled add the pasta and cook for 5-7 minutes of until al dente.
- Drain and drizzle over your favourite topping!
How much does it make: One half of the dough makes enough for one person or two little people. I find it very filling so for me it is a meal for our kids it is a snack!
Cooked pasta: will last for 2-3 days in a air tight container in the refrigerator
Uncooked and unrolled pasta: will last for 3-4 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.