So many people throw out their milk and there is good reason for that. It’s mainly because it is pasteruised and homogenised and as a result will have a ‘use by’ date…the smell gives it away. Raw milk can sour a little but it still has great properties – enzymes and probiotics. Seeing lots of people have to buy raw milk by the litres there can be times where there is milk left over. So here is a quick recipe for an evening dessert if your family wants to use up the milk!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 people
3 farm fresh organic eggs
1 farm fresh organic egg yolk
450 ml organic raw milk
0.25 cup organic maple syrup (I don’t have a sweet tooth so ¼ cup is fine for our family!)
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
Himalayan salt to taste
Organic nutmeg (optional however it does make it yummy!)
- Turn on the oven to approx 170C.
- In a glass bowl beat the whole eggs, egg yolk, salt to taste and vanilla extract and maple syrup together lightly (you don’t want them to become too frothy).
- Place milk in a saucepan and heat to just below boiling point then pour onto the eggs and stir to combine.
- Strain through a sieve into a 1-litre (4-cup) capacity ceramic baking dish. Grate nutmeg over the top.
- Place the ceramic dish onto an oven roasting pan and fill with hot water half way up the sides of the ceramic dish. (Make sure it is not boiling water).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes when ready it should still wobble slightly.
- Delicious served warm or cold with a bit of extra grated organic nutmeg sprinkled on top!